DSACT is pleased to announce Achieve Your Dream Fund opportunities to support pursuits related to education, employment, independent living, life skills, and vocational interests, as well stipends for the annual National Down Syndrome Congress (NDSC) Convention and ARC of the Arts program.
ndsc convention STIPEND OPPORTUNITIES
As the budget allows, DSACT provides stipends to DSACT members to attend the annual NDSC Convention. Stipends for the 2018 Convention have been awarded.
ACHIEVE YOUR DREAM FUND
If you are interested in the Achieve Your Dream Fund, please read the Eligibility Criteria and Application Requirements before completing the application below.
- The Achieve Your Dream fund is available for individuals with Down syndrome 18 years old or older who are members of the Down Syndrome Association of Central Texas and live in Central Texas.
- The funds will be used to enhance the applicant’s life through education, employment, independent living, life skills, or exploration of areas of personal or vocational interest.
Achieve Your Dream funds can be applied to a variety of opportunities. Examples include:
Funds for vocational training
Funds for post-secondary classes
Informal classes through a university
Funding for non-profit organizations who wish to employ a DSACT member as a lab assistant
Funding for schools wishing to employ a DSACT member as an aide
- The applicant must have reliable transportation to get to the class/program.
- All funds must be used within one calendar year from the date they are granted.
- Individuals who are awarded funds from DSACT are eligible to apply the following year; however, priority is given to new applicants.
- When selecting recipients of the Achieve Your Dream fund, the committee looks for ambitious men and women who are committed to the course/program they have selected. Strong applications will demonstrate how the course/program connects to the applicant’s broader life goals.
- Scholarships will be awarded up to $1000. Family financial need is a consideration.
- Completed and signed application
- Two letters of recommendation
- Parent/guardian agreement
- High school transcript (a copy is acceptable)
- Essay of between 100-250 words
- Optional: you may supplement your essay with other materials (for example, past school projects, pictures, video, artwork, poetry, etc.).
- Submit all materials to Cameron LaHaise at email@example.com.
- Office Phone: (512) 323-0808
DSACT will contact Achieve Your Dream Fund applicants to verify receipt of the application package.
If you have questions regarding the Achieve Your Dream Fund and/or the application process, please contact the DSACT office at (512) 323-0808.
arc of the arts class stipend
DSACT is pleased to offer a monthly stipend to assist our members in paying for Arc of the Arts classes. Stipend recipients will have one class per month paid for by DSACT for each trimester they are a recipient. Class is directly billed by the Arc to DSACT.
To apply for this stipend you must already be enrolled in the program. Members will need to apply each trimester they wish to be considered to receive this stipend. A limited number of stipends are available each trimester.