DSACT is pleased to announce Achieve Your Dream Fund opportunities to support pursuits related to education, employment, independent living, life skills, and vocational interests, as well stipends for the annual National Down Syndrome Congress conference.
ACHIEVE YOUR DREAM FUND
If you are interested in the Achieve Your Dream Fund, please read the Eligibility Criteria and Application Requirements before completing the application below.
- The Achieve Your Dream fund is available for individuals with Down syndrome 18 years old or older who are members of the Down Syndrome Association of Central Texas and live in Central Texas.
- The funds will be used to enhance the applicant’s life through education, employment, independent living, life skills, or exploration of areas of personal or vocational interest.
Achieve Your Dream funds can be applied to a variety of opportunities. Examples include:
Funds for vocational training
Funds for post-secondary classes
Informal classes through a university
Funding for non-profit organizations who wish to employ a DSACT member as a lab assistant
Funding for schools wishing to employ a DSACT member as an aide
- The applicant must have reliable transportation to get to the class/program.
- All funds must be used within one calendar year from the date they are granted.
- Individuals who are awarded funds from DSACT will not be eligible to apply the following year, but they may apply two years later.
- When selecting recipients of the Achieve Your Dream fund, the committee looks for ambitious men and women who are committed to the course/program they have selected. Strong applications will demonstrate how the course/program connects to the applicant’s broader life goals.
- Scholarships will be awarded up to $1000. Family financial need is a consideration.
- Completed and signed application
- Two letters of recommendation
- Parent/guardian agreement
- High school transcript (a copy is acceptable)
- Essay of between 100-250 words
- Optional: you may supplement your essay with other materials (for example, past school projects, pictures, video, artwork, poetry, etc.).
- Submit all materials to Cameron LaHaise at email@example.com.
- Office Phone: (512) 323-0808
DSACT will contact Achieve Your Dream Fund applicants to verify receipt of the application package.
If you have questions regarding the Achieve Your Dream Fund and/or the application process, please contact the DSACT office at (512) 323-0808.
CONFERENCE STIPEND OPPORTUNITIES
DSACT will provide a $500 stipend to assist one of our member families to attend the 45th Annual convention of the National Down Syndrome Congress, July 20-23, 2017, in Sacramento, CA. If you are interested in being considered for this stipend, please use the link below to complete the application. The deadline to submit is Friday, June 16, 2017. If chosen, please be prepared to share the information that you obtained during the conference with the DSACT membership.