DSACT is pleased to announce that it will provide scholarships for postsecondary education opportunities. If you are interested, please read the Eligibility Criteria and Application Requirements listed below before completing the application.
- The Achieve Your Dream fund is available for individuals with Down syndrome 18 years old or older who are members of the Down Syndrome Association of Central Texas and live in Central Texas.
- The funds will be used to enhance the applicant’s life through education, employment, independent living, life skills, or exploration of areas of personal or vocational interest.
Achieve Your Dream funds can be applied to a variety of opportunities. Examples include:
Funds for vocational training
Funds for post-secondary classes
Informal classes through a university
Funding for non-profit organizations who wish to employ a DSACT member as a lab assistant
Funding for schools wishing to employ a DSACT member as an aide
- The applicant must have reliable transportation to get to the class/program.
- All funds must be used within one calendar year from the date they are granted.
- Individuals that are awarded funds from DSACT will not be eligible to apply the following year, but they may apply two years later.
- When selecting recipients of the Achieve Your Dream fund, the committee is looking for ambitious men and women who are committed to the course/program they have selected. Strong applications will demonstrate how the course/program connects to the applicant’s broader life goals.
- Scholarships will be awarded up to $1000. Family financial need is a consideration.
- Completed and signed application
- Two letters of recommendation
- Parent/guardian agreement
- High school transcript (a copy is acceptable)
- Essay of between 100-250 words
- Optional: you may supplement your essay with other materials (for example, past school projects, pictures, video, artwork, poetry, etc.).
- Submit all materials to Cameron LaHaise at email@example.com.
- Office Phone: 512-323-0808
We will contact DSACT Scholarship applicants to verify receipt of the application package.
If you have questions or need assistance completing this application, please contact the DSACT Adult Education Director, Jon Pierce-Shimomura. (firstname.lastname@example.org / 512-232-4137).