what is bike camp?
Get ready for 5 days of learning, fun, and friendship when you attend bike camp! Each day, campers spend 75 minutes with volunteers and iCan Shine staff to learn the basics of independent bike-riding. Campers will have the opportunity to transition from tandem-riding with Bike Technicians, to riding solo on their own bikes with the help of trained and encouraging volunteers and staff.
DSACT is proud to host Bike Camp in collaboration with the Austin Autism Society this year!
who, where, and when?
- Hosted by DSACT, with help from local trained volunteers and iCan Shine, Inc.
- Held at Dripping Springs Ranch Park in Dripping Springs, TX
- July 31st - August 4th, 2017 for 75 minutes sessions each day (campers must attend all 5 days, and it is recommended parents attend 45-minute training on Sunday, July 30th)
- DSACT Member registration is $150 per camper/Non-Member registration is $200 per camper
What else do i need to know?
DSACT BIKE CAMP IS CURRENTLY AT FULL CAPACITY. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE READ BELOW AND CLICK THE BUTTON TO BE ADDED TO THE WAIT LIST.
Prior to registering, please review the items below to make the most of your bike camp experience!
- Camper must be at least 8 years old and be a member of DSACT with Down syndrome
- Camper must be able to walk without an assistive device
- Camper must be able to sidestep both sides
- Camper must be able and willing to wear a properly fitted bike helmet
- Camper must have a minimum inseam of 20" (measured from floor while rider is wearing sneakers)
- Camper's weight must not exceed 220 pounds
- Please review this information to select the right bike and helmet
To reserve your spot for Bike Camp, please use the link above to complete the first step of the registration process. DSACT staff will be in contact with you for full application, registration, and payment details.
Thank you to the City of Dripping Springs and ATX Bikes for their generous sponsorship!