2018 contest information
Contest #1: The Race for Early Registration!
The team with the most registrations between July 16th and August 16th will win a custom banner with their team name on it! The winner will be determined and announced on August 17th.
Here are a few tips to get a head start and get a lot of early registrations!
- Start reaching out to team members now! Let them know that registration starts Monday, July 16, and make sure they know to register at https://www.ds-stride.org/dsactbuddywalk.
- Share the registration link (https://www.ds-stride.org/dsactbuddywalk) with your family and friends on social media!
- Have a registration party where friends and family come over, share a meal, and complete their registrations together!
More contests will be announced soon!
DSACT has multiple sponsorship opportunities, including customized options for you and your business. Call the DSACT office at (512) 323-0808 to talk to us about becoming a sponsor! Bronze sponsors and above have the opportunity to choose to sponsor a DSACT program for a full year - with your company getting additional exposure and recognition. There is limited availability for this opportunity so sponsor early to get your program choice!
Calling all DSACT members!
Did you know that we're able to offer our programs, services, workshops, and events at little to no cost to you because of the generosity of this community That community means:
- YOU, the members who donate and ask friends to donate and join their Buddy Walk Team.
- Incredibly generous corporations, near and far, who believe in the mission of inclusion and want to support our families. There are many organizations out there who share our goals and want to see our members thrive.
Corporate sponsors for the Buddy Walk can come from anywhere. They might be your child's physical therapy group, primary care physician, or dentist. But they could also be a car dealership, a bank, even your own employer!
If you think you know someone who would like to partner and sponsor the Buddy Walk, just ASK! Or, connect them with us and we're happy to share the DSACT story and see how we can work together.
WHAT IS THE BUDDY WALK?
The Buddy Walk® was developed by the National Down Syndrome Society in 1995 to celebrate Down Syndrome Awareness Month in October and to promote acceptance and inclusion of people with Down syndrome. Since 1995, the Buddy Walk® has become the premier advocacy event for people with Down syndrome in the United States. It is also the world's most widely recognized public awareness program for the Down syndrome community.
In 1995, there were 17 walks. As of 2017, the Buddy Walk® has grown to more than 330,000 participants raising $14.2 million in more than 250 events around the world. All money raised by the Buddy Walk® benefits local programs and services, as well as the national advocacy and public awareness initiatives of NDSS that benefit all individuals with Down syndrome.
thank you to everyone who made the 2017 DSact buddy walk a huge success!
2017 DSACT Buddy walk highlights
Top Team Winners:
Top Corporate Fundraising Team - Breda Go Bragh, who raised $11,230
Top Individual Fundraising Team - Mosey with Maris, who raised $5,875
Largest Team - Super Santi's, with 104 team members
Most Spirited Team - Team Christopher