Thank you so much for donating to DSACT! Your donations allow us to continue to offer the majority of our programs free to members.
- $1,000 enables one student to enroll in a college course
- $500 helps one of our member families to attend a national Down syndrome conference
- $250 enrolls 5 students in swim lessons
- $60 sends a New Parent Packet (books for parents about Down syndrome, toys and clothes for baby, DSACT handbook, brochures)
- $50 gives unlimited students 8 sessions in programs such as boot camp, art classes, and martial arts classes
- $25 enrolls unlimited teens/adults in a book club session
- $10 allows a teenager to take a popular dance class
Thanks to generous support from our community, we are offering post-secondary scholarships to up to ten DSACT members for the first time in 2014. We are also offering several workshops to parents and educators on topics such as IEP (Individual Education Plan) best practices, advocacy, understanding the learning profile of children with DS, and curriculum modification.
In 2015, thanks to generous support from our community, we launched our Speech Therapy Program and are proud to say that the program has been a huge success. We are excited to continue this program in 2016. This is especially important because, due to the complexity and variation in insurance plans, many of our members do not get the amount of therapy they need. The ability to speak clearly is one of the most important factors in career and educational development for people with DS. Click below to donate to DSACT and help support this exciting program!
DSACT is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and all donations are tax-deductible (TAX ID # 74/2577312).
Questions? Please contact our executive director Cameron LaHaise.
shop to support DSACT
other ways to support dsact
Do you have unused gift cards? Those leftover cards can be exchanged for a donation to DSACT! Head over to Charity Choice, select the gift card merchant from the drop-down menu, and enter your card information. Your tax-deductible donation will be sent to DSACT to support our programs, outreach, and education.
Be sure to also check out Charity Choice's Honor Cards, which can be sent to recipients for a number of occasions with a donation to DSACT.