How can we help a child develop literacy skills? What strategies and resources enable a child to make progress? How do you lay the foundation for lifelong reading and writing? Where do you begin? What are the steps to teach literacy? Learn how to reinforce sight words and how to approach phonics. Come explore the Down Syndrome See and Learn Program and the Down Syndrome Foundation of Orange County Learning Program materials. What resources are available online?
There will be some literacy materials for sale:
- See and Learn First Pictures, $40
- See and Learn First Written Words, $40
- See and Learn First Sentences, $65
- Learning Program, Level One and Two books, $7 each
- Learning Program, Level Three, Lakeshore books and materials, $10
To register, email Peggy Wolf at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No childcare is provided.